If I don’t do this now… I never will.
Honestly, returning to writing after a 3 year gap is weird. I can’t ignore the gap. I can’t write a single post and play catch up. But what exactly can I do?
It’s like that silly “hello world” post that new word press sites come preloaded with.
Here’s a kitten to distract you.
10 random facts from my week
- I have both pre-op and post-op appointments for knee replacement surgeries. I wanted a matched set but insurance covers one at a time.
- The kitten isn’t mine. He and his brother are foster babies.
- I messed up on my Shipt grocery delivery and have 16 pounds of chicken wings in my fridge.
- We are out of chicken feed and olive oil. Those are unrelated issues.
- I need to bake gluten free brownies to remind my celiac hubby that he’s loved.
- My teenaged boys are still doing all the laundry because they don’t know I can climb stairs (knees)
- Today was a “homeschool teacher workday” but tomorrow there will be Algebra… and Logic… and Spanish.
- I need to schedule a haircut and a mammogram. Of the two, the mammo is most likely to happen. #clubtitanium
- My laptop spontaneously reboots. Every 8-12 minutes. Without warning.
- I’m on week 5 of living in black knit pajama bottoms from Walmart. I highly recommend them.
Unedited … on purpose.
I know me. I could open my laptop, log in to word press, and then spend hours fixing 3 years worth of stuff.
At that rate, I could put off writing for weeks!
Instead, I’m on my phone… banging out a mediocre post… because I promised that I would.
So today I’m writing in obedience and faith. I have no idea what God is calling me to say, or why it’s taken 3 years of “not yet” to get to “now.” I have no plan… no agenda… no goals… no business strategy. What I do have is a certainty – today all I needed to do was write.